Thursday, March 1, 2007

Things that make me laugh

My friend Shannon told me that she is inspired by my ability to continue to keep a good attitude despite the fact that I'm stuck in a bed and I pee in a bucket every hour. What she doesn't understand is that I've always admired her for being one of those pretty people who is always well groomed, perfectly accessorized, and just is all around one of "the pretty people club." Seriously, if she wasn't always smiling and didn't spend most of her days ministering to orphans and refugees, I would find it difficult to be friends with someone so perfectly lovely. To have her praise is like a Freshman on the Chess team getting kissed by the homecoming queen.

I am not quite sure why I am still in good spirits, save for the fact that I know a lot of people are praying that I'll be. I mean, generally, whining, freaking out, and complaining are some of my favorite things to do and I admit, that when it comes down to it, I am really tired of being itchy and my greasy hair. So my attitude is really not my doing, but God's.

I also think the fact that I am married to the second funniest person on the planet helps a lot. (I hold the current title and apparently was first runner up as Most Humble.) Sloan does a great little number inspired by the Sharks and the Jets that is sure to make you pee in your pants. Or, if you are like me ans can't wear any pants--wet the bed. And my situation really does provide me with many reasons to laugh. Using a bedpan is hilarious. My compression tights that I wear to keep blood clots at bay are these thick white thigh highs. Very naughty nurse and this makes me laugh. I also seem to have a little crush on Al Roker and you just can't have a bad day if you start it off with Al and Matt.

I also have great friends who visit me and send me great links to funny web pages. Thank the aforementioned pretty Shannon for the following----http://www.wholesomewear.com/.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Those suits are hilarious! I mean, I'm all for modesty...but what kind of tan lines are those going to leave??