Tuesday, March 27, 2007

30 down. 10 (hopefully 8) more to go

How else do you celebrate 30 weeks? With a steak dinner, of course! Tonight I will be dining on filet and veggie kabobs. Yummo. (OK, I watch too much Rachel Ray.)

Henry is doing well. He now weighs 3 lbs, 7 0z and remains quite the wiggler. He also gets the hiccups a lot. It is very funny to watch on the ultrasound. My cervix has closed a little bit, yet remains dilated at 2 cm. Because of my ear infections, the doctors will wait another week to give Henry's lungs another steroid booster.

Besides Henry being healthy, the other big news is the addition of 2 new privileges. I am now allowed to lay flat and potty in the bedside commode!!!! It's still not using the toilet, but it beats the heck out of the bedpan.

My doctor joked, "Wouldn't it be funny if I ended up having to induce you at 41 weeks?" I said, "Um, there will be no 41 weeks. If I make it to 36 weeks, we will be setting an appointment for an induction at 38 weeks." Yes, yes. I use to judge "those women" who had elective inductions so it was more convenient. But God has a way of making me eat my words... Hopefully, Henry will arrive sometime between Mother's Day and Memorial Day.

No comments: