Saturday, March 3, 2007

Longest Friday EVER

Usually Friday is longed for--the day before the much needed weekend. But when you spend your days lolling about on your head, Friday is just another day. It started out like any other day--6 am blood draw, 6:3o pills, 8 am shot, 8:15 breakfast. Usually breakfast is followed by my hour on the monitors listening to Henry's heartbeat and then my bath. But I fell asleep during the monitoring only to wake up to the nurse telling me that Henry's heart rate was elevated and so we were going to listen for another 30 minutes and she was calling my doctor. But everything turned out okay and his heart rate returned to normal. Crisis averted.

I got a massage after lunch (thanks, mom), then my parents arrived. Then Dr. Troyer came to give me my Friday ultrasound. Henry still looks great; I'm still dilated 2-3 cm, and my amniotic fluids have risen --a good thing because that means I don't have to be put back on IV fluids. I also got the go ahead to take another 2 minute seated shower. YIPEE!

Friday ended with me flipping out because I thought I was bleeding, but it was not from Henry so all is well. My arms are still itchy but the rash is on the way out. And this morning I took my shower and so I have, at least for now, clean hair.

No comments: