Monday, March 12, 2007

I love bacon

Today has been a laundry list of annoyances.

For starters, I did not sleep well because I dreamt all night about giving blood. Seriously, I was at the movies with Martin Lawrence when my church's Associate Pastor came to draw my blood. I think I dreamt this because today was also my three hour blood sugar test. This began with a 6 am blood draw, followed by chugging even more yucky orange soda. Then I tried to go back to sleep before my next blood draw, but spent most of that first hour with my head in the trashcan afraid I was going to throw up and then have to drink the Glucola again. Then I had blood draws at 8:15, 9:15, and again at 10:15. I was able to sleep between the 2nd and 3rd draws, so that was good. (Although it meant I slept through the Today show.)

Secondly, because of the blood test, I had to wait to have my breakfast until 10:30. AND THEY FORGOT MY BACON!!!! It took every ounce of courage not to cry when I lifted the lid to my breakfast and saw half of my plate empty. You have to understand--breakfast is the one meal here at the hospital that is always good because every day I get my two slices of yummy pork fat goodness. And because I ate breakfast so late, the nurse couldn't call down to the cafeteria for more bacon.

Thirdly, as if the bacon debacle wasn't enough, I find out that I do have gestational diabetes. So far they will be adjusting my diet before they do anything else. If you visit me, you could be the beneficiary of this as I'm giving away the pounds of chocolate I've accrued while being here. When the dietitian came to work out my menu with me, we actually discovered that my sugar intake probably increased since being in the hospital because most of the stuff I buy for Sloan and me is low-carb and until the hospital, I didn't have dessert with every meal.

And lastly, my cable went out around 2:3o today and remains out. I missed my Guiding Light, but hopefully it will be back on for Heroes tonight. Thank God for my laptop and Elliot Reid, my wonderful Webkinz.

No comments: