Monday, March 26, 2007

In Print

In addition to being in the hospital for close to six weeks, I've decided to become a model. Actually, a couple of the nurses have written a journal article on fighting depression in antepartum patients and are presenting it this summer in Orlando to some national medical group and they need pictures of a patient participating in some of the things they recommend--knitting, massages, pedicures, playing on the computer, etc. Apparently, I am the only patient in the antepartum wing who does all of these things. I think this is also why some of the nurses have confessed that I'm the most easy-going and cooperative patient they have. I tried to explain that this is completely out of character for me, that I'm not known for obedience, but they don't believe it. One of the phlebotomist (the people who come to draw my blood every 3 days at 6 am) commented that I'm never grumpy and always nice to her. I explained that I try to be nice to the people who stab me with sharp needles.

On a different note, I am very excited that America chose Laura and Max to be Sandy and Danny on Broadway on the show "Grease: You're the One that I Want."

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Elizabeth, Can we have a belated celebration for Max and Laura?!!!I wish we'd been with you to watch it together! WE WERE SO EXCITED!!! Tell Henry he needs to be ready for a trip to NYC to watch Grease this summer!