Monday, March 5, 2007

Hitting the Wall

It finally happened. This past weekend I decided that it sort of sucks to be in the hospital. Mainly I just miss Sloan. I balled my eyes out last night when he left to go home, clutching at him begging him to stay. My parents were also in town over the weekend which seemed to stress me out from disrupting my routine.

I have also decided to become crotchety. Not mean, per se, but I've come to the conclusion that I don't have the energy to lay on my head while trying to not go into labor and try to please everybody. I have begun to play the "because I'm in the hospital trying to keep my son alive card" without guilt. Basically this means I no longer feel compelled to entertain my guests other than offering them a chair and a Twizzler. I'm pretty sure that this is healthy.

I also think that my breakdown could have been from Al Roker withdrawal. This morning he was on Paradise Island tubing and swimming with dolphins. Bonus points for Al for giving me the weather whilst wearing a wet suit!

Sloan and I are also proud to announce the adoption of our Webkinz Elephant, Elliot Reid. My brother's children sent the adorable stuffed Internet pet to me and came up with the name Elliot. We added the Reid in honor of Dr. Elliot Reid on the TV show Scrubs, except our Elliot Reid is a boy. I went to the website to register him today and played some games with him, all of which were too difficult for me. (I am choosing to blame this on my lack on mouse and having to use my laptop's touch pad.)
Today I also tackled shaving my legs for the first time since being admitted. As I did it while laying in bed, it was quite a challenge.
Today I laughed because scientists are stupid. Apparently some Spanish scientists just learned that exercising is good for your lungs and last week, some other scientists came to the conclusion that American teens are self-centered. Next week I am expecting a study out of Canada to tell us that eating Asparagus makes your pee stink.

No comments: