Sunday, May 2, 2010

RIP Old Kitchen--BEFORE PICTURES

What started as a little leak meant that we needed to replace the floors. 

Which meant we decided to replace the island and light fixture. 

Which then made us decide to get granite countertops.  Which of course would mean that the old cabinets would look horrible.  So now, new kitchen.  Gutting it all save the appliances. 


They come tomorrow to demo.  Tuesday and Wednesday they repaint the kitchen a color called "Hearthrob"--a red that has more blue in it than the red that is in there now, with magnetic black chalkboard beneath the chairrail.  Thursday they install the cabinets and white ceramic farmhouse sink, complete with my no touch faucet, and soap and instant hot dispensers and measure for the countertops.  Friday they hang the new light fixture and electrify the island.  Over the weekend, Sloan and I hang up the closetmaid stuff for the new pantry.  Monday and Tuesday the lay the new tile floor in the kitchen and foyer.  And then hopefully, by the end of the week, they come in and put in the countertops and install the hardware. 



So this weekend was spent emptying everything and organizing the contents from the pantry, kitchen and foyer into our living and dining rooms.  Who knew we had soups that expired in 2006.  Which means that we moved with them.  But it has been a good time to clear out all of the Red40 foods and meds.  And bonus with the Tylenol, Motrin, Benedryl recall--we'll get coupons and then get Dye Free. 
All the while I am the sickest I've ever been in recent memory.  I've been the to the doctor twice and he's crossing his fingers that the nasty virus I have doesn't develop into pneumonia.  My throat feels like I'm swallowing razor blades, I've got a nasty productive cough, and get tired easily.  Yesterday, I thought I was getting better.  I told Sloan, "You know, I think the worst may have past.  I can now swallow without having to brace myself."  His response?  "Um, perhaps it could just be that the Hydrocodone you took 30 minutes ago is starting to kick in."  Perhaps.  Today I've been ok so long as I keep taking the non-narcotic pain meds to Dr. gave me. 

Fingers crossed that we don't all kill each other shoved into the family room and dining room, that I don't get the kids sick, and that they are able to keep to the time table.  I'll post pictures of the progress. 

And just to warn my Richmond friends, the Phillips family may be inviting themselves over to see you. 
I'll bring the chubby baby, you put the kettle on.

No comments: