Friday, May 21, 2010

Automatic Out of Office Reply

It's official!

We are on vacation.  We were so ready that we left town and are staying in a hotel in the booming metropolis of Smithfield, NC.  Henry is bouncing and  not sleeping on his "magic" bed (aka pull out couch) and Gracie's bed is in the bathroom.  Although she is rolling about on the bed next to me.

We are going to be at the beach a week.  A year ago, while on this very vacation, we learned we were not pregnant with Q and Tenderoni and began the journey of adoption.  As I type this, Henry has left the magic bad and is giggling and cooing with Gracie.  He just wrapped his arms around her shoulders (which makes her crinkle her nose) and said, "Gwacie I wuv you and you tink I am da bees knees."  Other then the sudden onset of fear that I'll be getting no sleep tonight because of the 2 crumb snatchers whose Daddy has invited them to sleep with us, this is pure bliss.

Also, instead of posting, I will attempt to simply select one quote of the day.

Today's quote was during a rousing game of hotel hide and seek.  Sloan was hiding under the covers of the king size bed.  Henry was counting to ten.

Sloan (laughing, from under the covers):  I'm pretty sure this is going to end with my balls getting stepped on.

No comments: