Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Hoppy Mother's Day

We got Gracie a Johnny Jump Up. 
Actually, it is called a Jump and Jive because it has this pad that she jumps on that makes music.  She loves to jump and jump and jump.  Take no mind that she is not smiling in the picture.  She gets upset if you take her out of it.  Henry loves to watch her and dance around her and make music.  He calls it "Gracie's dance party".  And yes, he is the one who decorated her with the pink snake.

The kids brought me a Diet Dr. Pepper and treats in bed. Henry was yelling, "Happy Mommy Birthday!  Happy Mommy Birthday!"   It was pretty much the first time I'd held them in awhile as I've been down again with this stupid sore throat.  (I woke up Friday am coughing up blood with my throat almost swollen shut.  The Doctor said it was a good thing I have no tonsils or my throat would have been completely shut. You could see my lymph nodes from across the room and I was having trouble hearing.  Sloan woke up at 5am to me googling my condition on my laptap while in bed.  I wrote on a pad and handed it to him...I'm going to the doctor.  I think I have throat cancer.  I do not have throat cancer, WebMD. Apparently, the virus I had turned into several ulcers in my throat with were bloody and infected.  Yummy.  But armed with Lidocaine gargle, a dospack and a shot of steroids, antibiotics, and painkillers for both day and nighttime in both pill and liquid form, I am now at about 70%.) 
We went to Fleming's for lunch.  Henry told the waiter we were having steak for Mommy's special lunch and he told anyone who would listen that red makes him sick. 

And how about them parenting skills on Mother's Day?  She danced til she could dance no more...

2 comments:

Angie said...

Happy Mother's Day!

So sorry you've been so sick. That sounds absolutely miserable. I hope you've had some help with the kids while you've been under the weather.

Love the music pad thingie under Gracie's Johnny Jump Up!

Isn't having your kids bring you treats in bed the best? Mine brought me chocolate this morning. :) I just can't get over "Happy Mommy Birthday." So cute!!!

the reppard crew said...

I LOVE that G's hand is dangling down by her knee--a true sign of dancing fun! Hope you keep feeling better and better! You are a wonderful mama! xoxo!