Wednesday, May 7, 2008

It's American Idol, People...NOT the next Mousekateer!

I cannot let American Idol go on another week without screaming, "What the heck are the judges and America thinking?" Am I going crazy here? How can anyone seriously like David Archuleta? I'm not going to deny that the boy has this clean-cut image, definitely has the Mormon vote, and has a beautiful voice. But come on? What kind of album would he make? He is like a teenage, male Kathie Lee Gifford. He'd be fantastic on a cruise ship or at Kings Dominion. But he makes me want to puke. Just thinking about how cheesy he is makes me shake. Ugh. He makes Michael W. Smith look like a punk rocker. It is Rock N Roll night and he pulls out "Stand By Me" and "Love Me Tender." Both great songs. But I just envisioned some tacky couple slow dancing next to their 6 cheese fountain in a VFW basement for their first dance as Archuleta sang "Love Me Tender." Elvis' version was both lovely and sexy! Archuleta was sweet like grocery store birthday cake icing. Too much of it and you puke or fall into a diabetic coma.

No comments: