Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Nothing a bath can't cure

Now here's a craft for you. A woman in my Bible Study, upon receiving our Christmas card, painted this portrait of the pickle. Are you kidding me?

And totally unrelated, I am now considering re-entering the mother of the year contest. This morning, since it is finally sunny and warm, I took the pickle to the playground. And yes, a lot of the apparatus were still wet from the rain, but unless you're the Wicked Witch of the North, a little water never hurt anybody, right? So could someone please explain to me why I was the only mom allowing her son to go down the slides? And ride on the rocking turtle and dinosaur. And play in the sandbox. Sure--he got soaked. And dirty. D.I.R.T.Y. But it's only water and sand people! I even heard one mom tell her son not to run in the playground because the mulch was slippery. Geesh! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
My son is so going to be able to beat those kids up because he won't be a sissy, thank you very much.

1 comment:

Janell Cowley said...

I hear ya about the dirt. I always say..."God made dirt, so dirt won't hurt!" Now this originated when I was a camp counselor while kids were eating their lunches, but I lovingly think it also applies to playing in the sand and getting dirty. You are a great mom for letting your little boy be a boy and have fun!