Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Get your craft on

Below is copied from my dear friend Kristen's blog. It just stinks big time that I missed getting in on some of her crafty goodness because that girl has mad sewing skills. But I'm pretty crafty myself, so here ya go...

I love making stuff, so the first five people to respond to this post (from here or on facebook) will get something made by me.

This offer does have some restrictions so please read carefully:*
  • I make no guarantees that you will like what I make.
  • What I create will be just for YOU.
  • It will be done this year (2009).
  • It will be something made in the real world and not something over the internet.
  • It might be a mix CD, a knitted scarf, a quilted potholder, poem, baked goods, an original photograph, a poem or a photograph of a poem about baked goods and quilted potholders…who knows! There are other things it might be too, but I promise whatever it is, it will be made for YOU and with YOU in mind!

On Kristen's blog, she also said that in return, all you need to do is post this on your blog or facebook and make 5 things for 5 other people. But I am going to require none of this--because I think it is much harder to be meek and simply say thank you. And it is lent, a time when we reflect on our inability to pay God back for all that has been done for us in Jesus' death and resurrection. So my challenge is that you cannot pay it forward. You must simply say thank you.

*Void where prohibited, use only as directed, for a limited time only, store in a cool dry place.

6 comments:

The Little Bear said...

Yeah!!! Count me in! I do hope to make the list cause you're a craft-rock star! Yes, I'm kissing butt!

Jennifer said...

After viewing 2 of your amazing homemade invitatins in the last 24 hours, I would adore an EJP original anything.

Jenn Warren

Yes, I stalk you via your blog.

themaggers said...

I found your blog through Mollie's blog and have been blog stalking! Here I am derlurking in hopes of getting something fun and crafty!

Jenny said...

Not sure of the response on facebook yet but if you haven't hit 5 the Brocks would love IN. Also, while I'm writing you..we are scheduled for an induction THIS Friday...yes, as in Friday the 13th. Pray for Grayson, Kyle and I that all would go smoothly and the outcome is a healthy baby and mom.

Jenny said...

ps. We have revamped our blog as well. feel free to check it and critique as needed: http://brock126.blogspot.com - it's a work in progress but has just been fun to write with no real purpose. I dare not ever post something like what you just posted though--my gosh, I barely can pull through on making a meal for someone I sign up for. God bless you for being that talented.

mollie said...

dangit! #6!!!! booooo