Wednesday, March 25, 2009

No More Shows

Henry is done.

Even if you say please, he will no longer show you where his nose is. Or where his ears are. If you ask him to, he simply squints, as if to say, "Woman! I ain't no circus monkey!" In his defense, I have long thought these to be some of his lessor skills and, in the long run, completely useless. Perhaps they are beneath him. He has taken to pointing to clocks and saying, "1,2,3,4,5" (Okay, it is really more like "One, Ooh, Eeh, Or, Ive" but still more impressive than the knowledge of where his freakin' ears are.)

I, on the other hand, am considering putting on shows. Not only will I be pointing to my various body parts (something I'm sort of an expert at), but I'll also be singing duets with my 16 year old nephew. We're awesome, I tell you, awesome. I'm a little bit country. He's a little bit rock and roll and our version of Aladdin's "A Whole New World" is the stuff grammys are made of.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I have been working with Nate for MONTHS on "Where's your nose?" Not once has he shown me where his nose is. He does give me a look which I roughly translate to mean, "Lady, I understand what you're saying, but I'm choosing to ignore you." Apparently he's way too cool to be pointing at his nose.