Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Together We're Unlimited

Tonight, for what I'm sure will not be one night only, the Phillips and Pusey cousins performed pretty much the entire show of Wicked.  With a little bit of Tom Sawyer thrown in for good measure.  At one point, my 5 year old niece Isabel was crying because she wanted to perform Popular as a solo.  Seriously, she was crying.  Her red lipstick smeared and painted for the back rows lashes running.  It was as though I was watching myself thirty years ago.  Except, of course, I made playbills and forced my parents to buy tickets to watch me dance in leotards in the living room. 

There would be more pictures, but you see, I was one of the headliners. 

"There's been some confusion
For you see, my roommate is: "

"Unusually and exceedingly peculiar
And altogether quite impossible to describe"
 
 "Blonde."
 
 
And the leading man?
It was pretty much the best thing ever.  My nephew Caleb was more than annoyed.  Which made it even more fun.Then there was some running around naked (by the 4 and under crowd).  Followed by an ice cream party.  
 
 

No comments: