Sunday, April 19, 2009

Crafty McCrafterson

Remember the old craft contest? The one that put out the word that I was, at the very least, 1% dorky? It's been awhile since I've updated about that. Mainly because craft #2 has been sitting in my foyer ready to mail for the past month and this week it finally made its way to the post office.
Craft #2. A mix CD for my best friend since the 5th grade, Meg Jokinen. In compiling this CD, I waded way deep into my CD collection and the search engine on Itunes. And as I looked through various Fiona Apple and Alanis Morrisette songs, I wondered, "Why was I so angry in high school? I was skinny, had a boyfriend, drove a convertible, and had absolutely no bills or responsibilities whatsoever. Why was I listening to all that angry chick music?" But here is the play list. Because most of it would confess to things that are too embarrassing to mention, you will get no explanation as to why the songs were chosen.
Meg's Mix:
1. Closer to Fine, Indigo Girls
2.Fast Car, Tracy Chapman
3.Brown Eyed Girl, Van Morrison
4.Lean on Me, Club Neaveau
5.If I Ever Fall in Love, Shai
6.Blister in the Sun, Violent Femmes
7.Like A Prayer, Madonna
8.Head Over Feet, Alanis Morrisette
9.Addicted to Love, Robert Palmer
10. Send Me on My Way, Rusted Root
11.Been Caught Stealing, Jane's Addiction
12. Through the Eyes of Love (Theme from Ice Castles), Melissa Manchester
13.It Had to be You, Harry Connick, Jr.
14. The Nightingale, Julee Cruise
15. Romeo and Juliet, Dire Straits
And there have also been other crafts made for Henry's Auntie Ann who is having a baby in a month. We made Baby Long a diaper cake (containing both size 1 and 2 diapers, thank you very much) and painted the baby a picture for his or her little nursery. Oh, how we love Auntie Ann and Little Long! (And let's take a moment to reflect on how blue really is sweet Auntie Ann's color. I mean, has an 8 month pregnant woman ever looked so beautiful?!)



And Henry did help with the cake. He put the links together for me and didn't put a single one in his mouth. What a champ!


1 comment: