Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Love at First Chapter

I'm pretty sure that soon I'll be hosting a farewell party to "House of Mirth" as my favorite book.

I'm three chapters into A Tree Grows in Brooklyn and I am in love. By the end of the first page, I was reading slower. Like one would eat molten chocolate cake, I have to let the words sit in my mind for awhile, enjoying the flavor, before I can move on. Never before has a little girl sitting on a fire escape, eating peppermints and reading a book, captured my heart so completely.

It may be awhile before my next post. I'm planning on chewing on this one for awhile.

Bliss.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that book! That is my second favorite book after "Revolutionary Road" by Richard Yates.

Happy reading!

Ann Long said...

A girl in my book club did her college English thesis on that book...she, too, absolutely adores it. It's on my list of to-reads.