Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Al-bert, Al-bert, Aaaaal-bert! (As sung in Bye Bye Birdie)

Well, people, it's on. We have officially erased the pencil ink and taken out the sharpie--my embryo transfer will be next Thursday, May 7th. I saw on a church billboard the other day that May 7th is also National Prayer Day. I'm thinking this bodes well for us (although I'm pretty sure it is just delusions of grandeur that is leading me to believe everyone will be praying for me to get pregnant.)
The shots begin this Saturday. It should be interesting this time around with the shots as I'm enlisting both the doctor's office and some friends to cover the days when Sloan is out of town with work. So if you see me in the church bathroom next Tuesday with my fanny exposed and a friend armed with a needle, do not be alarmed. It's just the body of Christ coming together to conceive our child. Just another subtle reminder that this next child, like Henry, really belongs to His family and is just chilling out in our family in between now and eternity.
In other news, the weather report for Elizabethtown--pollen induced itchy throat and hormone induced acne, with a mild case of train mania. In the tradition of large storms, I have taken to naming my zits. (This tradition began in high school where my best friend and I had zits named Billy and Todd.) The newest zit is named Albert. And he is ginormous and in the middle of my cheek. My darling husband told me that my zit made me look like young. To which I responded, "So you're saying I normally look old?" (The train mania is because I am now spending large amounts of time coming up with the awesomest train track/building scenarios. The island of Sodor has never looked so cool. In order to do this successfully, I must play with my trains when Henry is asleep. That's right people, I'm playing with trains. Choo-choo!)
We've also made a compromise about the bed. Due to Sloan's errant crown, we had to trek down to NC for a dental visit to my dad. And Henry slept in my old toddler bed while we were at Gigi and Papa's. He did awesome. So we brought it back with us and are setting it up this evening before bedtime. I was a bit worried that it might be rickety because it is an antique, but my dad reminded me that back in the day they made all furniture out of actual wood.
Henry was also a champ this morning at his 2 year check up. And for those mom's out there with kids younger than 2 yrs old, get excited--no shots required at the 2 yr check up. SCORE!!! But his stats are thus--28.8 lbs, 36 inches, and 39.5 cm in head circumference. So yes, he needs a 3T for the length of his shirt, but can still rock the 12-18 month shorts.
Perhaps he is more of a string bean than a pickle...

2 comments:

Janell Cowley said...

Oh my goodness! May 7th! You'll be in my prayers and thoughts. any idea of what time? Just want to be absolutely specific during my prayers.

Hugs,
Janell

mollie said...

well i don't know about "everyone" but i certainly am praying for you to get pregnant ;)