Friday, April 3, 2009

Dearest Henry

Dear Henry,
This little note is to thank you.
Thank you for reminding Mommy what it will be like with no sleep.
Thank you for forcing to pray for patience and compassion as I parent you.
Thank you for convicting me of smugly judging other parents who have "fussy" babies. Thank you for waiting 23 months to become fussy.
Thank you for helping me put together all 8 puzzles you pulled down on top of yourself this morning because you were mad I turned off the TV.
Thank you for continually showing me how much I need Jesus.

But seriously, could you go ahead and get those last four teeth in? I know you're in pain, little buddy, but just because you are teething doesn't mean it is okay for you to throw all obedience and civility out the window. And this screaming and crying for every little thing has got to go. You are ruining my plans to read during your nap times by making me need those naps as well.

I love you, my little pickle. My little sour sour pickle. See you tonight when the Motrin wears off.

No comments: