Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Pickle vs. the Pop (or Hey, Henry, Look this Way!)


So I'm slowly learning how to use the camera. And the software that Nikon "gave me." I say gave loosely considering the price of the camera. The interface is different than Photoshop so it is taking me longer to figure out what each control is and what it does, but I'm slowly getting the hang of it. Were I to read the instructions, things would probably go a little faster.
That being said, how in the heck to I get Henry to cooperate? No matter what dance I do or sound I make, the boy won't look at me or the camera. And forget trying to get him to just sit still and smile. My friend Mollie had the great idea of a giant candy cane lollipop for Christmas card pics. Since our card lists do not overlap, I stole the idea. Cute right? But only if a)you can find the pop, and b)your child doesn't bury the pop. Initially, I could only find a medium sized pop, but it had a Santa on it. Then I went to Cracker Barrel and found a giant Lolly. However, this morning, in between the time it took me to unwrap the giant lolly, put my camera on, and get Henry out of his high chair to go outside for pictures, I lost the lollipop. I thought I'd put it in my back pocket, but it's gone. Seriously. No where to be found. So we took the medium sized lollipop outside. Where Henry proceeded to use it as a phone. So I showed him that you were supposed to lick it. He licked it, then began pretending it was a rake in the leaves. Then he threw it and then covered it with leaves.
I was hoping to get the photo done today so I could take advantage of Ritz' 5 cent developing today, but I think I'm going to have to wait until Sloan returns and I can have someone else helping me wrangle the pickle and the pop.

1 comment:

Craig McIntosh said...

We were sad that you were on hiatus and are happy to see you blogging again. I really think Adelaide and Henry need to meet-they seem very similar!! Merry Christmas.