Monday, May 14, 2012

Fear not, for I am with you; I will bring your offspring from the east, and from the west I will gather you.

So last week was our 9 year anniversary of our first date. 

On our 4th "first date" anniversary, our darling son was sprung from the NICU and we got to bring this little guy home...

I guess God thought he had to up the ante in the whole "reminding us He loved us and that He saw our hearts" game.  And did he ever.

Our waiting is no longer in the abstract, folks.  WE HAVE BEEN MATCHED WITH A REFERRAL AND WE ARE ACCEPTING IT!!!!

For security reasons and that it hasn't been logged in and the like in China, I can't share too many details here on the interwebs.  But I'm sure if you snag me in person I'd be happy to fill you in on all the amazing things God is teaching us through our son Charlie and even show you a picture of the cutest little Chinese boy you have ever seen.  I'm not kidding.  The Chinese name the orhanage gave him means "handsome and outstanding."  So of course he is a Phillips.

As for now, I WILL show you a picture of what I've already purchased for him to send him in a care package.  I plan on sleeping with it so it'll have my scent and then sending it across the sea to my love.    Because my little boy was born in the year of the TIGER!  ROAR!

Please join us in praying for our tiger.  For his health.  For his caregivers.  For him to sense that Jesus is near him.  That somehow he would now know that he is just breaths away from no longer being an orphan but a son.  He will turn 2 right around Christmas.  It is our BOLD prayer that he be home in time to celebrate his birthday and Christmas with his family.  With us.

My darling Charlie, "Fear not...I have called you by name; YOU ARE MINE!" 
Isaiah 43:1b

No comments: