Thursday, January 21, 2010

Gracie Grab Bag



Gracie is a daddy's girl.  She loves nothing more than to help Daddy bring home the bacon.  Me and Henry?  We like bacon, both figuratively and literally.  As in when I cook it, Henry runs into the kitchen and yells "BACON!"  It's like he's that dog on Beggin' Strips commercials.  I think it is from the large quantities of the yummy pork product I ate while preggers.

And some of you have asked to see Gracie's room. (Nice transition, huh?) Here it is.


  I like to think it is a bit Pottery Barn Kids, a bit Target, a bit hand me down, and a bit yard sale finds (like the white Vintage Samsonite luggage I'm using as storage in her closet I got for $10.) 



This was my grandmother's bed that we're passing down to Gracie.  The quilt at the end of it was made by my great grandmother.  I blatantly stole it from my Mom's house.  But it looks great, right?  And I'm making a decoupage collage birdy to hang above her bed. 

And just in case your cute quotient hasn't been met today.  Get ready for this one.  You're gonna die...


This is the face I get to kiss anytime I want.  God is so good!

4 comments:

Ali said...

SOOOOO cute. The room and the munchkin! Great job.

the reppard crew said...

I CANNOT WAIT TO GET MY HANDS ON HER! She is too cute! LOVE the cheeks! {and the luggage--really jealous of that} {found this birdy mobile on a blog i stalk . . . $20! http://www.sundancecatalog.com/PRODUCT/48357.html}

xoxo

Unknown said...

I think that dear child looks like you!
I am so happy for her. I know you and you are one fabulous smart, caring, artistic, wholesome, yourself mother. And then throw in Henry and Sloan . . . well could it be a better place for her to educate you, love you, challenge you and delight you?

Anonymous said...

i don't know you but i read your blog, and had to say that she totally looks like henry when she smiles here. your kids are adorable!