Wednesday, October 21, 2009

When I say Pumpkin, You say Patch!

I've been trying to teach Henry to say Trick or Treat. I've even told him that anytime, and I mean anytime, he wants candy all he has to do is say "Trick or Treat." What I get, instead, is this..."Say Trick or Treat." "Candy!" "Alright, say Trick." "Treat!" "No, say trick or treat." "Candy!" Lather, rinse, repeat.

So trying to explain to him that we are going with his preschool to the Pumpkin Patch has elicited the following..."Henry, say pumpkin." "Patch!" "Can you say Pumpkin Patch?" "Yeah." "Prove it. Say pumpkin patch." "Hay ride!" Yes, Henry. There will be a hay ride.


"Patch! Mommy, Punkin!"

"Uh oh. Punkin geen. Geen. Yuck, punkin geen."

"Trac-a-tor WHEEL!"

"Hay RIDE!"
Lovin' on my lady friend.
(But please notice, Mommy, that Aimee and I have agreed to not look at the camera or smile at the same time. Even if you take this picture 12 times.)
He is literally screaming into the petting zoo feeding tube "Hey! You are hop hops! Hey! You are hop hops!" Thanks, big guy. There's nothing worse than a bunny identity crisis.

No comments: