Monday, October 12, 2009

One thing I've done right...

And no, it is not buying up all the Count Frankenberries I can find. (Although, for the life of me, I do not understand why it isn't sold year round. It is the best cereal. Ever.)

Henry has become a bit of a bully. I don't know if it is that he realizes he is weaponized with his cast (only one more week!), but he has left behind the docile little boy that will let you take his toys or play with the toys he so ardently desires. He will push, pull, and even tackle. What makes it worse is that his "tackle" is quite manipulative. Exhibit A--This morning we were at his buddy Nano's house. Nano was playing with a big 18 wheeler toy, riding around on it. Henry wanted to play with it. When told he had to wait his turn, he simply looked at Nathan and said, "Nano, hug!" at which point Nathan got up from the truck and went to hug Henry. Henry hugged Nathan down to the ground, then crawled over Nathan and onto the aforementioned big rig. Much to Nathan's dismay--"Phillips! Phillips, Henhe hugged me and stole my truck!"

So I took Henry into the dining room for a come to Jesus meeting. And as soon as I was done laying down the law, Henry tucked in his bottom lip, folded his hands and said, "Pray." So, at the very least, and I mean the very least, my boy knows that when you mess up and need forgiveness, you pray. And so we prayed, I hugged him, told him I forgave him and that I loved him and was proud of him for wanting to pray.

And then he played nicely...for about three minutes.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Oh my gosh, you and my husband are cereal kindred spirits. He loves him some Frankenberry!