Monday, November 3, 2008

Bad Bunny Habit

We had made it 18 months without having to have a "friend" around. No passie. No bear. No blankie. No creepy bear-blankie combo. But since I let Henry bring down Mr. Bunny when he was sick to sit with him on the couch, Mr. Bunny has to be with us.

H and I were cleaning up my room. (OK, I was cleaning and H was trying to open the armoire so he could get at the buttons on the TV.) Then he escaped and I found him grunting and tugging at Mr. Bunny from between the slats in his crib. So, because I'm a softy, I got Mr. Bunny. Henry loved on Mr. Bunny and then brought him back to my room, sat him in his chair and then set back to work on getting at the TV. Then he dragged Mr. Bunny to play with our curtains. Then into my closet to pull out all of my shoes. He even tried putting shoes on Mr. Bunny. Interspersed with the playing, were also times he would just bury his face in Mr. Bunny, squeeze him tight and then sigh. As if to say, "Oh! Mr. Bunny! You are too wonderful for words."

This wouldn't be a problem if Mr. Bunny were a normal sized rabbit. Mr. Bunny is roughly the same size as Henry. He's huge. Augh.

1 comment:

Lori Beth said...

Hey Elizabeth-- I was just 'catching up'-- Jenna was at our house this week and she also has a HUGE bunny that goes everywhere with her now, even in the grocery cart...what is it with bunnies? LB