Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It will be my fault if he can't read...

So I'm on the elliptical today when I find out that I may already be too late and I didn't even know it.

The two women next to me were discussing where their children were going to preschool next year and how they were concerned that their kids might not get in because they had waited so long to do it.

WHAT?!?

It's friggin' January. And apparently, I'm already behind on my kids' education because I don't even know where the preschools are around here. We'd thought about sending Henry to the one at our church next year, but it's across the Rivah and 25 minutes away. So if I were, say pregnant, and confined to our house, we'd need a school that is close by.

I thought that maybe we wouldn't put Henry in preschool next year, but if, like I said, I'm hoping to be great with child, two mornings a week sans the Pickle could be just what the doctor ordered.

Egads.

And just so you know, when you google preschools in Midlothian, you also get a bunch of Day Care Centers. I also want it to be a good school. With developmentally appropriate curriculum that lets him learn through play. I want him to learn about Jesus, and beyond him learning the words to Kum Ba Ya. And I also would like it if it cost less than $175 a month. I mean, essentially, we're talking about 8 three hour days a month, people. And why does it cost around $80 just to register my kid? There can't be THAT much preschool administrative stuff. Who does your books? A government worker?

3 comments:

mollie said...

around here mother's day out preshools (churches) do registration around february/march for august. hopefully you aren't too late- its a godsend (literally)

Lori Beth said...

I'd say-- mom's morning outs are great--$30/wk for two mornings a week-- down here in eastern NC anyway--- Good luck! Why does it cost so much to register?? I guess an immunization copy costs at least $40 to put in a file folder--LB

Ali said...

I've been meaning to tell you. I know of two families that send their kids to Central Baptist which is near you on Courthouse near Lucks. Have you looked at that one?