Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Chief Evil Big Feet likes the Rub

1. Kristen is right. It is actually called "Ordinary" time. Someone with a seminary degree should know this. But I'm pretty sure having a toddler takes points off your IQ, so I'm cutting myself some slack.


2. Henry is the third funniest person on the planet. (After myself and his father, of course.) His love for hats has extended to a love for all things on his head--boxes, headbands, belts. And no, his feet aren't THAT big. But with his Daddy wearing a size 13 shoe, I shouldn't be surprised.

3. But he's also an evil genius. He could've been charged with assault today. He tried to strangle the Pediatrician today with her own stethoscope. (He has an ear infection and chest cold.) For the chest cold, the Dr. suggested I hold up his face to the humidifier, cupping it so he breathes in the mist. I pondered this suggestion, trying to picture this in my mind, and asked, "Ummm, how long am I supposed to do this?" "For as long as he'll let you." As if on cue, Henry started laughing. And it was an evil laugh. Also, while signing it at the doctor's office, he hung up on a patient. He was sitting up on the ledge between my arms as I was getting out my copay, and he leaned over and pressed the hang up button on the nurse's phone. Thankfully, the nurse laughed. This would also explain why someone told me they tried calling me at my parents' house over Christmas only to have the phone answered, someone chirp "Hi" which was followed by some heavy breathing then, "Bye!" and click.



3. If you're wondering, 4 seconds is as long as he'll let me hold his face to the humidifier before he tries to knock it over. Then another 5 seconds before he figures out to shut the humidifier off.

But when I rub the Vick's vapo rub on his chest, he closed his eyes and said, "Mmmmm. Yeah. Yeah." Kinda creepy.

No comments: