Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Isabel's got competition

Henry has a new girlfriend and I'm excited. Mainly because I'm hoping his love for little girls will branch out from his cousin, Isabel.

His BFF, Nathan, has a 20 month old cousin, named Riley. And sometimes Riley is at Nathan's when Henry and I babysit. Riley is also in his class on Tuesday mornings during Bible Study. And apparently, Riley's mom now also goes to our gym.

Last night, when I went to pick up Henry from the Kidz Zone at the gym, I saw Turner (Riley's 4 year old big brother.) I said, "Hey Turner, do you remember me?" "Yeah," he said, "You're Phillips. Henry's mom." (Nathan seems to think we're on a basketball team, as he calls me Phillips rather than Mrs. Phillips. I think the name has spread.)

I looked over in the corner of the Kidz Zone, and there were Riley and Henry playing with the kitchen. The workers at Kidz Zone said that as soon as Riley got there, she started screaming, "Hen-he! Hen-he!" and had been by his side the whole time. So I went in the pick Henry up, and told him to say goodbye to Riley. And then Riley came up to Henry, hugged him tight, saying, "Bye, Bye, Hen-he!" And Henry, while he didn't full on hug her, dropped his truck and patted her on the back. It was a very manly "I'm gonna hug you but slap you at the same time" sort of hug.

It might have been the cutest thing I've ever seen. Until this morning when he pulled out my chair for me to sit next to him at breakfast. And then when I said, "Time to pray," he quickly folded his hands and shut his eyes.

I think I'm in love...

No comments: