Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Obsession, Sadness, and Manliness

For starters, it has come to my attention that I may have a sickness. Well, let's call it an obsession. To my son. Is it unhealthy? I'm beginning to wonder. I have changed the lyrics to the Sound of Music's "My Favorite Things" to include items like "Henry's cuddles," "Henry's brown eyes with really long lashes," and "kisses from Henry." I've started a fan club network on Facebook. And then there is this blog. Sometimes I wonder if I'm too Henry-obsessed and if I'm putting an undue burden on my son to be cute or adorable. But then I remember that all Henry has to do is breathe to get my love and then I'm okay. I'm just a first time Mommy. And it is hard to be humble when your son is so friggin' cute. Look at him ready to go run errands in the snow.

I'm also a bit sad lately. I'm really tired of the writers strike. There are no more new "How I Met Your Mothers" and I'm having of bit of Barney withdrawal. Sloan saying "What Up?" or us having "Slapsgiving" doesn't help. It only makes me miss Neil Patrick Harris all the more. And they ended the season of Heroes prematurely. And Scrubs' last season may be cut prematurely too. The only thing keeping me happy on TV is that Guiding Light is still going strong and Project Runway has started up its new season--and there are, once again, a great bunch of crazies and marys to enjoy. What am I supposed to TiVo now?
And I'm sad because I no longer sleep with Baby P. I have passed on the teddy bear to Henry and he seems to enjoy that it smells like Mommy. (I'm laughing right now as I type because Henry is in his exersaucer grunting and red faced--must be making a present in his pants for Mommy. What joy!) I now sleep with my teddy bear Magee from high school. Yes, I'm 30 and sleep with a teddy bear. What of it?! I also delight at Kabuto's when they sing me the Japaneses happy song for my birthday. Yippee Me! But I am very proud to say that my son is manly. He had his follow up flu-booster shot this morning and he didn't even flinch. So we went to get a Gingerbread Latte at Starbucks to celebrate! It is also Henry's first snow--which he seems to be perplexed by. But isn't he cute all bundled up?

No comments: