Friday, December 7, 2007

Reasons I'll Never Be Mom of the Year

1. I made a toy for my son after taking an Ambien. (However, it does seem to be his favorite toy. Loads of ribbons on a key chain.)

2. On Tuesday, my son almost choked on the aforementioned Ambien Toy. There is a piece of green rick rack on it that was lodged in his throat. I was working and I heard this hacking coming from his pack and play. Sure enough, I had to pull the rick rack out of his mouth. Remember when you used to swallow spaghetti and then pull the noodle back out? This is what it was like. Note to self, the Ambien toy, despite its catchy name, is not a sleepy time toy.

3. On Wednesday, I let my son roll off the couch and onto the floor. I was getting ready to feed him and had left his burp pad in the kitchen. As soon as grabbed the burp pad I heard a thud, then a pause, and then blood curdling screams. After many cuddles, he calmed down and took his bottle. There were no bumps or bruises.

4. When taking him to see Santa yesterday, I accidentally dropped his coat in the mall and then later could not find it. I'm guessing it was stolen as there is only about 5 minutes time in which the coat's where abouts cannot be accounted.

5. I'm forcing my son to take an extra nap today so that he can stay up late tonight and go with us to a friend's Christmas party.

2 comments:

the reppard crew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the reppard crew said...

Elizabeth--I just read this post, and I am laughing out loud. It is hilarious. Coming from someone without children (me), I can only imagine the insanity that I will put my children through. All that to say that I think that you are still a terrific mom . . . and, I like the Ambien toy. You can make me one anytime :)
love,
shannon
PS: lunchdate? soon?