Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Save the Crabs. Then Eat Them.

So today I am 31 weeks pregnant. I am still waiting for my ultrasound, but I am almost certain that I will have another steroid shot for Henry's lungs this evening. Yippee. Dr. Murray is hopeful that I'll get to graduate to the real potty next week as 32 weeks is another big milestone, so I am not expecting any new privileges this week.

I am also excited today because my friend (and former boss), Red, brought me some peeps. But wait, you are thinking--don't you still have gestational diabetes? Yes. But there is nothing I love more than stale Peeps, so I have opened the package so that when Henry is born, they will be nice and crunchy. You know who else loves stale Peeps? Al Roker.

I have also developed aversions to certain commercials. Apparently, it is a new trend to use the muppet song. I blame my beloved Diet Dr. Pepper for this. It is in the Big Lots & Saturn commercials. And often these commercials run back to back so I am stuck with that crazy "Monomona Doo Doo Do Doo Do" in my head all day. Thank God for the mute button. I do, however, have a couple commercials I actually enjoy. The Jimmy Dean commercials with the sunshine are great. There are also these local commercials that talk about not using fertilizer on your lawns because they contaminate Virginia and Maryland's rivers and hurt the crabs. The tag line is "Save the Crabs. Then eat them."

No comments: