Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Potty Talk

I had another ultrasound and things are looking good. They didn't do measurements this week, but Henry's heart looks lovely; he is in the perfect position, and he appears to be sprouting some hair! Dr. Troyer printed out a picture of it for me, but I only know it's his hair because she printed the word "HAIR" on the screen.

After a week of laying flat, my cervix is only dilated 1.3 cm! This is the smallest I've been since being admitted 7 weeks ago. Also, I was informed that this would be my last in-room hospital ultrasound as next week I will get to take a wheelchair ride across the hospital parking lot to my doctor's office! I also get to take normal length showers (still seated) and now get to take 4 a week (as opposed to three 2 minute showers). I look forward to shaving my legs with a regular razor. Electric razors just don't get you smooth.

Dr. Murray, my normal OB/GYN, is on call this weekend, and she will give me a regular exam. Depending upon that, I may be able to use the regular potty as early as Saturday! Getting to go to the regular potty opens up a whole new world for me. I get to brush my teeth and wash my face without the aid of nurses. I'll start wearing pants. Maybe even put a pair of flip-flops on from time to time. I may also dabble in getting Sloan to bring me make-up.

So tomorrow morning, when you wake up at 5 am and those voices in your head start fighting--you know the fight--"Go back to sleep." "No. I've got to pee." "You can make it to 7." "The bathroom is not that far." "You may have to turn on the light." "I could've already peed by now....." So when you have that fight--JUST GET UP AND GO!!!! Be thankful for that porcelain seat. It could be a bucket.

No comments: