Monday, December 12, 2011

Good thing I like to collate


The papers are signed.  

Each portion is encased in a plastic sleeve and is clipped in a binder.  (And no, they aren’t neatly labeled.  Mainly because my daughter thought my label maker was a cell phone, tried calling Cookie Monster on it, and when no one answered, proceeded to threw it across the kitchen floor.  It died.  I may or may not have crumpled in tears.)

And because I like to think ahead, I will be photocopying each and every slip of paper and saving two copies.  One copy in case something gets lost somewhere.  One copy in case, well, well because I didn’t do this with Gracie’s file and a lot of this paperwork was the same.  So, yeah, one copy is in case we decide to go for P4.  (This is where Sloan rolls his eyes and tells me to focus on the present child before I start thinking about the next one.  It’s also where he grips the door frame and shakes his head.  But in a way that lets me know that he is on the same page.)

Tomorrow morning we head to the bank to get the last paper notarized and a stack of money order’s purchased. Then we will be hand delivering the binder to our agency, Bethany Christian Services.  Our goal was to have this completed December 15th.  So we are two days early.

Which puts us one day closer to bringing our boy home.

No comments: