Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Fingers Crossed

Tonight is a pretty big milestone in the Phillips house.  

Tonight, no one is sleeping in a crib.  

That's right.  Gracie is spending her first night in her big girl bed.  

I'd like to tell you how well she is doing--that we are twenty minutes into the night and she has yet to get out of bed.  That she has yet to jump on the bed.  That she is quietly snuggled up with her Pinkie and LaLas and is nodding off to sleep.  And that is all true, but, this not being my first time at the rodeo, I will not brag about this seemingly easy transition because I know that will jinx it.  Becuase the second you holler from the rooftops that your infant is sleeping through the night, that same child becomes a zombie wanting to eat every thirty minutes.  And the minute you toss out the diapers, your child that has gone months without a potty accident will suddenly start peeing their pants every 10 minutes.  So, I'll simply let the pictures speak for themselves and confess, that yes, we finally bit the bullet and bought one of those fancy dancy video monitors because, well, because we are a little afraid of our high spirited two year old.  


Loving the new big bed.


And by big girl bed, I mean a queen size.  Though, it should be counted as a princess size bed.


 Twenty minutes later and she is out.  I had to whisper to her to lay back down and to snuggle her baby a couple of times as she crawled towards the edge of the bed, and I think my voice coming from no where sort of freaked her out.  But she obeyed. 

No comments: