Sunday, October 16, 2011

Wanted: Your Prayers

I'm having surgery tomorrow at 12:30. Specifically, we request prayers for the following... -Sloan would like to ask that you pray for me to not die. I think that's a pretty good plan as well. Particularly since the woman I'd picked to marry Sloan in the event of my death just got married. So I am assuming R & BJ request that you pray I not die as well. -Pray for wisdom and accuracy for my beloved Dr. M. God used her to save our dearest Henry, so it is only fitting that she be the one to end the usefulness of my lady parts. -Pray for my heart. While I remain confident that this is the best course of action for my health, I can't help shake the sadness that accompanies this decision. My worship this morning in church was tinged with grief. How fitting that the sermon reminded me that indeed, this is not my home, and that ultimately my grief is just the continual longing for the day when God will wipe away all our tears. I share this grief with my Saviour, and I'm clinging to the fact that my salvation lies in his sacrifice and suffering for me. -Pray for our kids. I mentioned to Henry that I had to go to the hospital for the doctor to fix a boo boo so he was going to two playmates tomorrow. He asked me if he could have some more candy. So clearly, he is concerned. But pray that each child does well with being shuffled from friend to friend. -Pray for a quick recovery. Thanks. Check facebook or Twitter (@ejphillips) for updates. Also, I'm hoping to get some type of painkillers, so prepare for some fun blog posts. I'll be kidless Tuesday and Wednesday. I've got about a billion pics of how great a parent I am in the Fall. (Spoiler alert: they do NOT include a photo of my son pooping in the backyard. Mainly because I was frozen in shock.) Also, forgive how this post is all in one paragraph. I'm on my IPad.

2 comments:

Ali said...

Definitely praying.

Law Momma said...

I love you and you will be fine. Henry and Grace will be fine. You will also get good drugs... which will make you feel fine.

Praying for your crotchal regions as we "speak" ... :)