Saturday, October 23, 2010

I need a foot rub...

I'm dead tired.  Almost 33 is to old to spend the afternoon in a bounce house with slide and obstacle course after you've thrown a party for 70 odd people.  But the party was a success!  We gathered a boatload of goodies for Bethany Christian Services.  I'm pretty sure Henry ate no less than 18 Dum-Dums.  By dinner time, all of us (save for Gracie) were almost in tears from too much stimulation and sugar. 
I don't have the pictures from the photographer yet, but here are the few from the past couple of days that sort of sum up our first annual GRACIEPALOOZA....


Opening her presents from her big brother: a pink purse with lipstick, compact, bracelet, and car keys.  He also got her this elephant bubble popper thing that we've discovered he really picked out for himself...

 Gracie puts on her lipstick (which is also a rattle).

Gracie in her Bee Car that we got her.  I was worried she wouldn't love it.  Wrong.  She likes to honk the horn and be pushed around by her big brother, who is very eager to please her.  We've just got to work on steering... 

The food spread...
(And please note the pictorial history "Science Fairesque" poster I made.  It has pics from each month of G's life.)


 After the party, when it was just family still there, we all got in the bounce house.  As I was climbing up the ladder after Henry, my sister traipsing through the obstacle course, my dearest oldest bestie Stef who flew in from Dallas for the occasion bouncing with my niece and nephew, I had my very first Braverman moment.  You must know that I super big heart me love it long time the TV show "Parenthood".  I cry every episode.  And in each show there is always a montage of the entire extended family doing fun stuff together set to a Bob Dylan song.  With all of the adults in the bounce house tossing around our littles while my parents shook their heads, I was playing thinking that Bob Dylan's Forever Young would've been a good addition to the Gracie Mix.
 Me and My Boys.  We'd fallen, and we couldn't get up.

3 comments:

Kristie said...

Can't wait to see more pictures. Happy birthday Gracie!

Jennifer said...

Why wouldn't you celebrate A SAVIOR with a party? Everything in my life goes back to Parenthood right now. Have you heard about the new love of my life Booker? (:

kristen said...

Happy Birthday, Gracie!

You've got to check out the illustrated version of Forever Young. I sing it to my girls a lot, and randomly found the picture book on amazon a little while back, and then at our library last week. We are LOVING it. Just a heads up, it is set in the 60s and has some vietnam protesting it it (just in the pics) if that is a sensitive thing in your family (it isn't to us).