Tuesday, June 8, 2010

BIG Love (Spoiler alert: SATC2)

Yeah.  I know.  It has been awhile since I've posted.  Life's been hectic.  I suppose it always is...

This past weekend I went to Charlotte for a girls weekend with some college friends.  For some reason, we took no pictures.  We spent large amounts of time simply sitting around, drinking wine, and trying not to talk about our children.  I say trying not to because we always ended up talking about them only to every fifteen minutes or so to say, "Hey, wait a minute, aren't we trying to be away from them?" 

The main reason we all got together, or at least the excuse we used, was to go see the new Sex and the City movie.  I am probably the only person on the planet who liked it better than the first one.  Let me explain why.  It seems that, finally, the group has grown up.  This is why I loved the movie.  (Okay, not the entire group--Samantha has just gotten OLD.  As in lady, you should not be wearing red lipstick and holy cow, you really look horrible with extensions.  The only time she looked young was when her face was smeared with yams.)  Charlotte is finally vulnerable.  Miranda softened a bit and is caring.  Carrie has suddenly realized that perhaps all of her relationships aren't about her.  And the big leap is that BIG is finally compassionate. As in, the ruggedly handsome Chris Noth is a Knight among men at the end of this movie--an example of extravagant love, rescuing forgiveness--and shows us what it looks like to place a relationship before one's right to be right.  He discards his pride for his bride. If you were ever an Aiden fan before, Big will knock your socks off.  Me?  Well, I don't do hipster, wooden bead necklace wearing types, so I took my socks off for Big the first time he rolled up in his town car.

And perhaps I love Big so much because he reminds me of another guy with salt and pepper hair that looks so damn good in a suit...

No comments: