Monday, February 8, 2010

Anticipation

I cannot remember the last time I was this excited.  Maybe August 27th, 2004 (the day before I got married)?  I can't say I was all that antsy prior to Henry or Grace's births, because they both came into my life at unexpected times.  But folks, in about two weeks, IT will arrive--my new computer. 

Our old desktop has been slowly dying.  We've considered installing a handcrank to make it go faster.  It no longer will show us photos on our desktop.  Or, there is a photo, it is simply squished into the top two inches of the screen.  And it will randomly shut off or go into hibernation.  Thus, we signed up for Carbonite and began hounding our favorite computer guy, D, for recommendations. 

Let me just say that not only is my new computer going to allow me to check my email while lolling about in bed (I don't know if I'll ever do this, but it sounds fantastic just to have that as an option), but could also even print out an email were I say, checking my email while in the potty (also not something I plan on doing but nice to have as an option, right?).  Mainly, I'm excited about being able to blog while in the family room, or say, check out the walkthroughs for Lego Indiana Jones (Sloan's bday gift) while actually playing the game. 

And most importantly, my new computer is cute.  And it does all this cuteness while helping fight AIDS in Africa, because I ordered a laptop with a fancy dancy cover from the DELL (PRODUCT) RED collection.  I tried snagging a photo of my cute laptop, but apparently there are copyright issues and the like.  But if you want to see just what I am waiting with baited breathe for, go here and check out the "Love, Peace, and Happiness--Blue" design by Emil Kozak. 

Awesome.....

1 comment:

Joy | Love | Chaos said...

I LOVE INDIANA JONES LEGO!

Over the holidays Michael and I obsessed over them and wound up finishing Adventure 2. MUCH better than the original, so if you haven't played it yet you have something to look forward to! If you have an xbox, I'll totally send you Adv2 to play.

Crack that whip!