Monday, February 2, 2009

Henry explora obediencia


Dora was a hit!
He wasn't afraid of anything. He clapped, shimmied his shoulders, shook his star. The best part was that he sat in my lap the whole time. Of course, this is because this was the day I discovered he has decided to make up for all of the meals he missed last week with the stomach bug. So he had to sit on my lap to eat his baggie of cheerios, baggie of yogurt melts, baggie of chocolate bunnies, baggie of raisins, and 2 dum dums. Praise God I thought to pack snacks. (Since then he has had to be fed pretty much every 2 hours or there are serious melt downs.) Unfortunately, the Dora show has caused me to be in a perpetual state of singing, "Dora Dora Dora the Explorer!" I'm driving myself crazy. He also enjoyed his Diego doll that we got at the Dora meet and great as well. He sits it on the floor next to him and then shows it all of his trains. Sometimes the trains even use Diego as a hill.
More importantly, though, it should be noted that Saturday afternoon, Henry obeyed me twice! This is HUGE! He now consistently, upon being told to put up his trains, puts his trains in their basket. The rest of the toys, he doesn't touch. I think this may be because the trains just go in a giant open basket on the floor, while the rest of the toys have tubs they go in on shelves. Also on Saturday, he put away his crayons without having to be asked. I find this remarkable. When I told Sloan about it, he commented, "Wow. I don't even pick up after myself without having to be asked." No, Sloan, you do not. I've been meaning to talk to you about this...

No comments: