Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Move over American Idol (And bring on the Oxygen tank)

It should come as no surprise that I spent a large part of my childhood with the music cranked, armed with a hair brush, dancing around my bedroom, thankful for the double wide full length mirrors that hung on the double doors of my closet.

It appears that this is how I am now going to spend large sums of my parenthood as well because Henry likes a good show. (And I put on a really good show. A really good show.)

So I've decided that I'm going to start choreographing dance numbers to accompany my singing. Only problem is--Henry's two favorite songs are John Denver's "Thank God I'm a Country Boy" and Michael Jackson's "Beat It." This is what happens when your husband travels for work, you just have too much time on your hands, and the weather is too yucky to play outside.

I might be too old for this job.

2 comments:

Joy | Love | Chaos said...

As long as you don't break a hip while shakin' it, I think it's great!

Ali said...

shake those tailfeathers! we spend lots of time dancing and playing music too. i can only imagine "Beat It" would be Owen's favorite. Anything that sounds like fighting is his thing. UGH!