Friday, February 6, 2009

Me and Amy Winehouse ain't going to rehab

This post is an EJ & Henry first. As I type, we are driving down 360 en route from Richmond to Greensboro.

At first, I was driving as Sloan has already driven some 700 miles already with his job this week. But I had him working for me on the laptop. He changed my facebook status for me, and then proceeded to read out every body's status changes, complete with comments. I was about to have him go through my notes to see about other people's "25 random things" lists when I realized I have a problem. I was itching to be at the keyboard. Pointing to things on the screen for him to click on as I took us 65 mph down the road.

I think I'm addicted to the Internet. (And I'm pretty positive I'm a bad driver.)

I liken my driving next to Sloan while he facebooked to a recovering alcoholic walking into a bar. Needless to say, we had to pull over and switch places. I'm not quite ready to start working on my 12 steps.

2 comments:

Janell Cowley said...

I completely agree with you about being addicted to the internet. When I was in the hospital after having Peyton it drove me crazy that the wireless internet didn't work in my room. I felt lost. (I know I need help!)

The Little Bear said...

Darling, I mean this with love-- let your husband drive. I'm not sure how much better your driving skills are than when we are in college, but 65 mph plus Facebook is a very scary combination! :-)