Thursday, February 28, 2013

Mmmm, it does go well with the chicken. Delicious again, Peter*

Yes, yes.  I wrote about how I hate cooking.  And that's true.  But the new house is changing things.  And the fact that soon there will be six of us making eating out super expensive. So here we are: in my kitchen, with me cooking. 

I'm not a fan of the 4pm "oh my gosh what are we going to eat?" panic.  Apparently, I'm not alone.



So from time to time I'm going to post my culinary adventures.  I say adventures because sometimes they aren't so great.  But sometimes I just hit it out of the park. 

 Tonight's dinner?  HOMEMADE CHIK-FIL-A!!!



I found the recipe on  Pinterest {see below}.  Homemade and politics-free Chik-Fil-A nuggets.



It basically is just pan fried cut up white chicken with one secret ingredient:  PICKLE JUICE.


  It was super easy and super tasty.  Henry must've eaten about 14 nuggets.  I made the honey mustard sauce as well.  It was NOT good.  {Thank God we had a leftover CFA sauce in the fridge!} 

Gracie preferred hers with ketchup.

The "french fries" were just roasted potatoes cut to look like fries.  I took two mammoth Russets, cut them into fries, lined a cookie sheet so that none of them were overlapping.  Then I painted them with EVOO and sprinkled with sea salt.  I baked them about 45 minutes at 350 degrees. 

All in all it was about 20 minutes prep time of cutting up chicken and tators (which I did this morning).  Then about 15 minutes in hands on frying time.  2 tots, 1 package of tenderloins from a the batch I bought at Costco, an egg, an apple, pickle juice, and some flower. 

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy.  

*If  you don't get this Beastie Boys Reference, I'm sorry for you.  Really.  


No comments: