Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Don't You Forget About G

I can now dress vicariously through my daughter.  She literally looks good in everything.  Everything.  And her hair, dear Lord.  I love it.  I wish more folks would embrace the versatility that is the kinky-curly hair.  Sure, eventually she could iron it straight.  We can scrunch it up into a short round afro.  We can do pigtails and ponytails, braids, twists and knots.  But my fave is the big Afro.  I love it.  Love it, love it, LOVE IT.  And paired with the right outfit, it makes my day.

I mean come on, haven't all Moms of daughters, when putting together a particularly cute outfit thought, "Oh my gosh, I must be a good mom because my daughter is so friggin' cute.  Her cuteness may actually be dangerous."

I wish I'd taken a picture with my Nikon instead of just my phone.  This was church on Sunday.  She was strutting around a missionary send off party like she was da bomb.  Because she was.  Her 'fro was rocking.  Her kicks were pumped up.  Her sweater vest had a faux fur collar.  She was FIERCE!

So...for the first day of church school this morning, I decided to up the fierce ante.  With the FRO-HAWK.
Don't be hating on the style and ask if she is wearing a banana clip.  That's hairbows and clippies holding up her rocking hair.  (Bonus that this style does not require detangling or more than 5 minutes!)
Is it me, or does she look like she is about to star in a John Hughes film?  Seriously, she could be Molly Ringwald in either Pretty in Pink or The Breakfast Club with that stare and hair do. 
And when she walks, the fro-hawk bobbles.  It is killer.  
So raise your fist and cue up Simple Minds.

2 comments:

the reppard crew said...

LOVE her. LOVE HER LOTS. I wish I could grab her and smooch her without freaking her out. She is gorgeous!

Ali said...

if only i had a girl ;) yes she is SUPER cute.