Monday, April 5, 2010

He is Risen, Indeed

We tried teaching Henry to say He is risen, indeed to our "Christ is Risen!' But his response, instead, is "NOOO!!! Stop staying that!" Just proving again that he is not a circus monkey and does not perform on command.
Which is why there is not a cute video of him doing the resurrection eggs. We tried to do it, but he would not be his usual adorable attentive self. Rather, he simply kept pointing to the Flip Video and saying, "Can I see, Mommy?" We will try again tonight (as it is a bedtime ritual). All I will say is that the ritual ends with us singing "He is alive" and him dancing around the room. And then we have to sing the Thomas the Tank Engine song and then, by request, we also have to sing a Santa Song. Because you know, in Elizabethtown, the trinity is comprised of Jesus, Thomas, and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.

Oh, and by the way, Potty training sucks. Just so you know.

We are in full-on training mode with Spring Break this week. We made it through our Neighborhood Egg Hunt this morning with no accidents and then came home and sat on the pot. He did not pee until we'd unsucessfully sat on the potty for 20 minutes and had gotten redressed in hiss Wall-E underpants and were playing with toys. He looked up at me and said, "I go pee pee on Fammy Room." Sure enough, he had. And then later he pooped on Wall-E. Which was so upsetting to him that he proceeded to stomp on the poo nuggets that fell out of his pants while I was changing him. It took every ounce of patience the Good Lord could supply me with to not yell at him. I kept reminded myself that potty accidents are not a punishable offence. We are day one in actually wearing underpants.

Hopefully he won't poop on himself when I have to take the kids with me to traffic court tomorrow. Henry is my expert witness. I know I stopped at that Stop sign because Henry was chanting "Top at top sign. S. T. O. P. Mommy stop at stop sign." Perhaps poopy pants would work in my favor...

1 comment:

Melodramommy said...

Hey Elizabeth,

I am totally feeling your pain with potty training. And, I keep reminding myself that the seeds of faith we plant into our kids will return to us a harvest, especially when my 2YO interrupts me praying to say we're done.

Nice to meet you and looking forward to reading more.