Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Worst Phone Message Ever

I just left the following voice mail at Bethany Christian Services.

"Hi. This is Elizabeth Phillips. My husband and I are interested in adopting a baby but we don't know what to do. I'm sure there are papers we need to fill out, meetings to be had, and classes to be taken, but we really don't know what we're doing. (Pause as I consider that they are now placing me in a NEVER to get a baby file) Ummm. Yeah. So could you please call me and tell me what I'm supposed to do? Or whom I am supposed to meet with? Thanks. Oh yeah. This is Elizabeth Phillips. I can be reached at -----."

Awesome. I'm wanting to call and leave another message, remembering to tell them we are interested in a domestic adoption and that we've had friends adopt through them and go to a church I know they've heard of, but feel like that would be overkill.

Thank you Jesus for gently reminding me that when it comes to important things, I am so uncool. That most of the big moments in my life start off like an embarrassing episode of The Wonder Years. Geeze, Kevin. Why you gotta say that to Winny?

2 comments:

Ali said...

Good for you! I have been trying to work up the nerve to do the very same thing. I hate not "knowing" what to do. Orphan Care has been on my heart for awhile and I am so excited God is putting this on your hearts. I can't wait to see where he takes you.

Mary Riley said...

There's no such thing as over-kill in this department!! Call, call, and call some more!