Thursday, April 24, 2008

Happy Henry Eve!


Tomorrow is the pickles birthday and we are planning to celebrate with a party and loads of family coming in town. To prepare, I have made Henry a cake. Yes, it was a cake from a box, but I figure that Henry has no context for cakes so this funfetti cake will in fact be the best cake he's ever had seeing as it is the only cake he has ever had. I'm getting an ice cream cake for the guests anyway--so stop judging me already!

Henry helped me frost the cake, which was hysterical as I could literally see the sugar make him high. At first, I gave him a little icing on my finger and he wasn't too into it. Then, upon tasting it, he didn't want my finger, but grabbed at the whole bin. He has begun grabbing at things. At Toys R Us, he grabbed some stacking cups. At the grocery store, a handful of Red Lobster Gift Cards. I tried to explain to him that if he was going to steal gift cards for Mommy, she'd rather he grab Outback or at least Maggiano's.

No comments: