Monday, April 21, 2008

About this Mommy Stuff

Some friends and I have been discussing the things no one tells you about motherhood. Sure, it's great and there is nothing like it, but I swear each of us have had the following thoughts...

1. Why won't this kid just shut up? His parents really ought to teach him better than that. Crap, I'm his parent.

2. I wonder what Mom is fixing for dinner. Crap, I'm Mom.
3. Can a child survive on Popcorn and Cereal?
4. Is it a problem that my child has a better diet than me?
5. When is the babysitter showing up?
6. When do they start sleeping in?
7. This kid is never leaving. I'm never going to have a moment alone again.
8. How am I going to bathe when he is too big for his exersaucer?
9. Why won't you take a nap? I want to take a nap. How about you do laundry and cook and I'll sleep all afternoon. Would that be better?
10. I really should drink more.
But then I realize that there is this little boy who is the only person in the world who gives me the proper reaction to my entering a room. He giggles and cackles and screams with delight. Finally, I am recognized for my greatness even if by only my son. And if you got to see this smile every day and know it was for you--that'd be more than enough.


But really, man, what is Mom fixing for dinner?

No comments: