Thursday, April 3, 2008

All Moved In...Sort of

So we've been in the new house a week. There have been a few mishaps along the way, but for the most part it has been a pleasant, albeit tiring, experience. For starters, I fell through our front porch on move in day and now have what I lovingly call "a sausage" leg. Below are pictures of the offending hole and subsequent injuries, although the bruises are much worse now as they have entered the black, purple and beginning to green phase. Ugh.
Henry also did not make it through the move unscathed. On two different occasions, he was chewing on a stick, choked, and threw up. One might ask was I not watching him--it gets worse--I was holding him. Both times. The first time I was quick enough to lean him over and let him christen the driveway, but the second time I was awash in vomit. Awesome. Also, at some point in the day he scraped his foot and was bleeding. Being the strong man that he is, he did not cry upon hurting himself. Oh, and on Monday, I once again assured my spot on the Mother-of the Year award list. Henry was at my feet playing with my shoelaces as I hung up pictures in his room. When I looked down, I realized that no longer was he playing with my shoelaces, but had taken his night light out of the wall, removed the shade, and had commenced to trying to bite the light bulb! That's right--my son was chewing on a light bulb! Luckily, God looks after fools and their children as he did not break the light bulb prior to my heart attack and subsequent removal of the light bulb from the crumb catcher's hands. But mostly it is all good.

No comments: