Friday, November 9, 2007

My son, Lurch

Unfortunately for me, Henry will soon be mobile. He has begun to lurch about. He gets up on all fours like he is about to crawl, rocks back and forth, and then hurls himself forward--face planting into the carpet. He's given himself rug burn and me a heart attack as I am certain actual crawling can't be too far off.


Also, Henry definitely does not like peas. Yesterday, all I had to do was show him the bowl of peas and he cried. And like a mean mommy I still made him eat them. Introducing vegetables has been interesting to say the least. Adding fiber to his diet certainly makes diaper changing fun, particularly when it intersects with teething. I've learned he likes squash, hates peas, and like carrots. He also enjoys peppermint. We just started him on liquid Zantac for his acid reflux and he loves taking it. It makes for minty kisses as he has begun to react to my puckered lips with a sort of middle school boy, full on open mouth attack. He also like to hold his own spoon and try to feed himself. I usually hand him his own spoon to play with while I feed him and then let him try to feed himself at the end of the meal. Usually he just shoves food up his nose and squish baby food in his hair. So we've taken to bathing him now every night as opposed to every other night, which seems to make the little Lurcher happy.

No comments: