Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Henry's First Thanksgiving

Whew! I am tired. We headed down to Greensboro last Wednesday night and spent the holiday with my folks and about a million other people. Seriously, there was my sister and her 7 kids, my brother and his 4, my aunt Ann, cousin Geoff, my aunt Jean and uncle Gene, my cousin Don and his son Ryan. It was a sweet, albeit noisy, time loaded with lots of food, card playing, and football watching. We also added to the list of things Henry likes to eat--sweet potatoes, pumpkin pie, and homemade whipping cream. (Who doesn't like homemade whipping cream?)
We also headed down to Davidson for another Thanksgiving meal with Sloan's folks and his brother Marshall's family. I used to think that Henry was a dead ringer for Marshall, but when I saw him holding him, it just confirmed that I was wrong and that Henry looks like Sloan more and more each day.
Sloan and I also went to a birthday party for my high school friend, Katharine and took Henry for the first part of it. It was great to be able to introduce him to all of my old buddies and relish in that his title is now secure--Henry is the cutest baby on the planet. I tried getting my parents to admit that He was their cutest grandchild, but all I got was that he was the cutest 7 month old. Although my dad did admit that Henry was the best behaved. I think this was because Henry and Papa did a lot of snoozing together in front of the TV. Henry sure got his grandparent cuddle quotient met!
Right now, Henry is teething. He is working on his bottom left tooth, which I lovingly refer to as his "twofer." He struggles with falling to sleep, cries if I am not in his line of sight, and I find myself constantly drugging him with baby Tylenol.

No comments: