Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Happy 4th



So we headed out to my sister's for the fourth. We grilled some shrimp on the barbie and I ate my weight in mozzarella and tomato salad. I also made my traditional strawberry, blueberry, angel food cake and homemade whipped cream parfait. (Go ahead and say it in your best Eddie Murphy voice, "Parfait! Everybody loves parfait!" After Sloan's impression of Shrek's Donkey, I think my 6 year old nephew Joshua's rendition is the best.)


Henry enjoyed sleeping in his cousin Isabel's amby baby sling and even went for his first dip in the pool. And my oh my is he ever like my father, Papa, as he fell asleep in the pool. As I write this, I have been trying to get Henry to go down for a nap for about three hours, so it seems a little odd to think of Henry snoozing in the pool--but nevertheless, he did.


He enjoyed snoozing on a floaty in the pool and cuddling with his cousins on the floaty as well. Once again, his cousin Isabel loved on him and we may have to have a "You can love your cousin so long as you don't LOVE your cousin" talk in the future.

No comments: